Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ackrite55
Frequent Visitor

Executing R Script-Power BI: DataSource.MissingClientLibrary: ADO.NET: Unable to find the requested

I'm trying to execute the following code on a w7/ 32-bit install of Power BI.

columns#(lf)wbcd_n <- as.data.frame (lapply(dataset[2:31], normalize))#(lf)#(lf)# 'Split for Training & Testing#(lf)wbcd_train <- wbcd_n[1:469, ]#(lf)wbcd_test <-  wbcd_n[470:569, ]#(lf)#(lf)# 'assign labels#(lf)wbcd_train_labels <- dataset[1:469, 1]#(lf)wbcd_test_labels <- dataset[470:569, 1]#(lf)#(lf)library(""class"")#(lf)wbcd_test_pred <- knn (train = wbcd_train, test = wbcd_test, cl = wbcd_train_labels, k = 21)#(lf)output <- wbcd_test#(lf)output$result <- wbcd_test_pred",[dataset=#"Replaced Value1"])

DataSource.MissingClientLibrary: ADO.NET: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed.
Details:
    DataSourceKind=R
    DataSourcePath=R

My R package installation started with local/manual installs until I did the following:

debug(utils:::unpackPkgZip)

install.packages("packageName")

and then step through the code (by pressing enter many times) when R starts debugging during the installation.

The cmd line for R works, but not within R.

My home 64-bit /w10 installation executes the R script.

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ackrite55,

I'd like to suggest you open the options to check/modify the location setting if power bi can't find the libraries.

9.PNG

In addition, I'm not so sure if the issue is caused with compatibility of 32bit and 64bit libraries.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

The R path is viewable in the R script Options :

R Script OptionsR Script Options

64/32 bit: I was stating that I have tried to execute R on two different systems/ platforms with different installation approaches because one may be limited by the network security & require local install of the packages. While I was able to install CRAN &  RStudio behind the network of the windows 7/32 bit, I had to  use

debug(utils:::unpackPkgZip)

install.packages("packageName")  to step through the package installation before I could use R Console. But I can't identify what causing the issue between Power BI & R.

But I don't have this issue on  my own machine where Power BI is using the R script from Visual Studio 17 where the framework & packages aren't having issues connecting with Power BI.

HI @ackrite55,

Current I can't reproduce this on my device, so it is hard to to find out an effective solution to direct work through your issue.

For your situation, you can try submit a support ticket for further support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Rerror.png

This is how it appears when attempting to execute the code.

Hi @ackrite55,

Perhaps you can try to load local script and execute in power query:

Invoke Function writtein in R

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.