Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danextian
Super User
Super User

Excluding Page and Drillthrough Filters from a Bookmark

Hello,

With the current bookmark feature capabilities, is it possible  to exclude drillthrough and page level filters  from the bookmark. For example, I want to be able to clear filters from on-page slicers but not from the  Filter pane. I tried to just include Selected Visuals. I selected all slicers, making sure  they aren't filtered then proceeded to updating  my bookmark. This attempt did not work either. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @danextian,

It seems that you are looking for PowerBI Drillthrough page with clear filter bookmark.

You could have a good reference of this video.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft,

Thanks for the response. I've watched the whole video but it is not the solution to my problem.  In the video, the drillthrough filter still got cleared after clicking to bookmark button. What I want to achieve is just to be able to clear the  the on-page slicers selection and not the drillthrough filters. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

I was able to achieve the desired behavior by using the "Selected visuals" instead of the default "All visuals" option for the bookmark.

On the drill-through page, select all visuals except the one slicer for the drill-through attribute (or any other you want to excldue from teh Bookmark reset action). Then add the bookmark, select the "Selected visuals" option and wire it to the Action button on the drillthrough page. Now whenever you drillthrough, then change slicer and filter values, then click the Reset button to the Bookmark, the drillthrough attribute remains untouched, while all other visuals reset to the bookmark status.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.