Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude specific data color

Hi all.

Have a dilemma with data colors. Using a barchart to show KPI values (have >400 KPI's). Since there are hundreads of KPI's, PBI asigned colors to each KPI automatically. Problem is where it assignes same color as background. In my case backround can be either grey or white and in both cases one of the KPI gets one of the colors which means we can not see the bar.

I know I can go and change it manually to some other color but then again I noticed that is not permanent, whenever I update the report on the desktop or pubslish it to the service colors are reset and problem is not resolved. Is there a way to somehow restrict specific colors? Trying to avoid manual maitanence where possible... Example below. Color issue.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , In the View tab, you have an option for the theme. Go and customize the current theme, that will fix the first 10 colors. But if you using legends and based on the filter it will keep on changing the order.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please kindly refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/service-tips-and-tricks-for-color-formatting#conditional-formatting-for-visualizations

You may solve it by setting different colors. Even if you have many KPI's, you can customize the color in the color scale.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , In the View tab, you have an option for the theme. Go and customize the current theme, that will fix the first 10 colors. But if you using legends and based on the filter it will keep on changing the order.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.