Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude relationship

Hi community!

I have a question. Is there a way to exclude/not use a relationshipin a measure? Something like NOTUSERELATIONSHIP? I need to keep the relationship fot other measures and analysis, but, for a specific measure I need to be able of not using this relationship.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Current it seems not contains functions who can break specific relationship, maybe you can try to add all function on source table of specific measure to breaks its filter effect.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous

Another option could be to use EDIT INTERACTIONS from the FORMAT tab and DISABLE the interactions between the desired VISUALS

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft and @Zubair_Muhammad. Thanks both for your replies.

@v-shex-msft: I've already tried that without success. It does not work in this scenario like we wish.

@Zubair_Muhammad: The problem is, that in the visual I need the interaction ACTIVE because I need to use measures that work with this relationships.

The report that I need to make, has a Matrix visual with several measures. In the report, I also have 2 date slicers, each slicer working with a different date table. Both tables, related to the same fact table. So, here is the problem. I need to use some kind of NOTUSERELATIONSHIP in the measure that has to work with Date2 table and not with Date1 table.

The changes that I made so far to make this work, was to create a reference of the Fact table. So, my final model has Date1 table related to Fact1 table, ande Date2 table related to Fact2 table. I whas hopping that I can avoid this so I don't need to have a duplicate of the Fact table.

The other solution would be to leave 1 Fact table realted to both Date tables but with the relationships disable, and in each measure select the desire relationship using USERELATIONSHIP. The problem is that I have so many measures already created, that I would take to long to perform this. So, I choose the first solution mentioned above.

If anyone has any other options, be welcome to share it.

Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.