cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javedbh Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Exclude data

Hi All,

I have a table with multiple columns e.g. (Device, Program, Lot Number, Finish Date, Yield). Lot is the smallest or base entity. Program and Device are higher in hierarchy.

I have created multiple visuals to display Yield e.g.

one visual to display yield with Lot Number on x-axis.

another visual to display yield with Program on x-axis.

another visual to display yield with Device on x-axis.

another visual to display yield with Finish Date on x-axis.

There are thousands of Lots in the data. I want to give the user ability to exclude specific lots appearing in the charts. These lots should be excluded from visuals. I know we can apply filters either at Visual, Page, or Report level but these filters work like If I select these items, these would be included in the visual(s). Is there any thing that work like this: If I select these items from the list, these would be excluded. Any Filter or custom visual or any other idea?

Thanks in Advance.

1 REPLY 1
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Exclude data

Hi @javedbh,

You can create a Lot table listing all the lots , then create a relationship between Lot table and your current table. After that, create a measure using the following DAX, then create visuals using the measure and other columns of your current table and create a slicer or other filters(Page level filter and so on) using Lot field of Lot table, this way, you will be able to achieve the above requirement.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Yourtable[Yield]),EXCEPT(ALL('Lot table'),'Lot table'))

You  can review the example in the screenshots below.
1.PNG2.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.