Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

javedbh
Helper II
Helper II

Exclude data

Hi All,

I have a table with multiple columns e.g. (Device, Program, Lot Number, Finish Date, Yield). Lot is the smallest or base entity. Program and Device are higher in hierarchy.

I have created multiple visuals to display Yield e.g.

one visual to display yield with Lot Number on x-axis.

another visual to display yield with Program on x-axis.

another visual to display yield with Device on x-axis.

another visual to display yield with Finish Date on x-axis.

There are thousands of Lots in the data. I want to give the user ability to exclude specific lots appearing in the charts. These lots should be excluded from visuals. I know we can apply filters either at Visual, Page, or Report level but these filters work like If I select these items, these would be included in the visual(s). Is there any thing that work like this: If I select these items from the list, these would be excluded. Any Filter or custom visual or any other idea?

Thanks in Advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @javedbh,

You can create a Lot table listing all the lots , then create a relationship between Lot table and your current table. After that, create a measure using the following DAX, then create visuals using the measure and other columns of your current table and create a slicer or other filters(Page level filter and so on) using Lot field of Lot table, this way, you will be able to achieve the above requirement.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Yourtable[Yield]),EXCEPT(ALL('Lot table'),'Lot table'))

You  can review the example in the screenshots below.
1.PNG2.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.