Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

huguest
Advocate II
Advocate II

Exclude data based on Slicer

Hello,

Looking for your help again...

I have a visual with 2 pie charts and a slicer to select a particular Region.  Currently, the left chart will show the results (colors) for the Region selected in the slicer, and the right chart shows the results (colors) for all data, regardless of the Region.

What I would need is for the right chart to show the data (colors) for all regions except for the one selected in the Slicer.

Example.png 

In this example, I need the left chart to show the results (colors) for Europe (as it is now), and the right chart to show the results (colors) for all regions EXCEPT FOR EUROPE (currently, it includes all data).

Is this possible?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@huguest solution is attached. you have to create standalone region table to achieve this. 

You have to also think of if multiple region select , and how you want it to behave. I just assumed that user will have one region selected, if more than one region selected then it will use that as all regions selected.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Timko92

A hacky way I can think of to do this quickly is to have two slicers, and set one slicer to only fitler the pie chart on the left, and the other slicer to only filter the pie chart on the right. 

Definitely would be cool to do this dynamically without having to have two slicers, but can't think of a way at the moment (doesn't mean it's not possible).

@huguest solution is attached. you have to create standalone region table to achieve this. 

You have to also think of if multiple region select , and how you want it to behave. I just assumed that user will have one region selected, if more than one region selected then it will use that as all regions selected.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Wow, this is perfect.  I just have to change the slicer to only allow a single selection (which is what it should have been).  Thanks a lot for you rapid assistance.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@huguest i guess you don't want to show selected region on right chart, correct?

If you can share the sample dataset, will get you the solution.

Hi @parry2k, thank you for offering to help.  Not sure what is the best way to share the file (I did not see a way to attach it here), so here is a link to it on my Dropbox: RegionSlicerPies

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.