Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MWinter225
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Exclude column from map visual filter

here is my data:

LocationStoreDivisionSales
NY1A100
NY1B200
NY1C100
NJ2A300
NJ2C100
MA3A600
MA3B300
MA3C100

what i'm trying to do is have a map with pie charts on it, and when i click on a pie chart, the dounut chart on the right will reflect the data in the pie chart on the map. Right now when I'm clicking the 'Division A' slice of the pie chart in MA, it only shows me the data for Division A in MA. I want to see ALL THE DATA FOR THAT MA LOCATION! 

Division A in MA

I tried writing the measure SalesExlcudingDivision= CALCULATE( SUM('Sheet1'Sales), ALLEXCEPT('Sheet1','Sheet1'[Location]))

and that will give me ALL the sales data for that location but as soon as I add Division in to the legend it messes it up. Any thoughts?? thanks in advance!

Download the PBIX HERE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @MWinter225

The challenge is, when you make a selection on the pie chart in the map on the left you filter the table making it difficult to generate values needed for the Axis of the donut chart.

One way to solve this is to create a clone of your Sheet1 table and use that for the donut, and your Sheet1 table for the map.

I've mocked up a simple example here

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtDlC2rep7a-ogs6CO3icHDYmp0J

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @MWinter225

The challenge is, when you make a selection on the pie chart in the map on the left you filter the table making it difficult to generate values needed for the Axis of the donut chart.

One way to solve this is to create a clone of your Sheet1 table and use that for the donut, and your Sheet1 table for the map.

I've mocked up a simple example here

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtDlC2rep7a-ogs6CO3icHDYmp0J

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.