Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JonBaylis
Advocate III
Advocate III

Exclude and Include Data

Hi all,

I have a visual in a report in the Power BI Service (same applies for Desktop) which is a bar chart showing number of logins per day.

If I want to exclude Saturday I right-click on the bar for Saturday and click the Exclude option so Saturday disappears. If I realise I didn't want to do that, how do I get Saturday to reappear in the visual? I can't see an option.

The only solution I can see is - Click onto another report/dashboard then click back on the report I was working on [so it reloads] and it appears again.

Is there any other way - or is it coming in a future monthly update?

Thanks,

Jon

Twitter > @JonBaylis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, when you right click excelude, PBI creates a exclusion on the visual level filter. You can delete that to get rid of the exclusion. In my opinion, its not an elegant solution and could be better, howevere it does work. I would prefer a further right click and unexclude option but I guess that will come in time.

// It this is a solution please mark as such 

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
njones2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Is there a way to turn off Exclude or Include as available options to end users?  

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, when you right click excelude, PBI creates a exclusion on the visual level filter. You can delete that to get rid of the exclusion. In my opinion, its not an elegant solution and could be better, howevere it does work. I would prefer a further right click and unexclude option but I guess that will come in time.

// It this is a solution please mark as such 

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

I do not see any solution for this. Has anyone found a solution for this yet?

hi @Dave8442,

When you exclude any value in graphic, they will add into the filter pane over here. you will see them under the "Visual level Filter" tab.

But what if you have disabled the filter pane and the visual filter option ...

There is a little round arrow in the top right corner on the menu bar. Just click and all filters and slicers will be cleared:

markus_do_0-1698408131166.png

Oof, yeah this is really a problem if you have the filter pane disabled for users. It's a useful way to sort of "drill down" on a month within a trended matrix table, but there's no way to undo it without doing a full page filter reset or maybe some kind of bookmarks?

Hi

When I exclude the bar, and I right click the data again, I cannot see anything under 'Exclude'. 

Is there any bug?

1st step (118 data that I want to exclude)1st step (118 data that I want to exclude)

2nd step: I cannot see anything under "Exclude"2nd step: I cannot see anything under "Exclude"

Thanks for the reply/solution. Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors