Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude a card from any existing filters without cancelling them

Hello everyone, 

I would like to know if there is any exisiting way of excluding a card from any existing filters.

Let me explain : In order for my numbers to fall right, I need to set a filter for the whole report/page excluding a category called "Other", but for a specific calculation, the "Other" category needs to be taken in account to get the right result.

Do you know any trick to avoid setting filter on each visualisation except the calculation I need ? 

Thank you for your help,

Alexandre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Sure. There are a few ways to do this. 

1) You could edit the slicer interactions. This way, slicers just don't apply.  Unfortunately, it sounds like you have a page level filter, so you're more likely to have luck with #2.

2) You could change the calculation to specifically ignore filters.   I don't know what your calculation is, but the general form would be something like this:

CardCalculation = CALCULATE( [MyCalculation], ALL('Data'[Category]))

This ignores all filters on the column [Category].  

Without knowing the measure you're using for the card, I can't be any more specific than this.  Hopefully it's helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Sure. There are a few ways to do this. 

1) You could edit the slicer interactions. This way, slicers just don't apply.  Unfortunately, it sounds like you have a page level filter, so you're more likely to have luck with #2.

2) You could change the calculation to specifically ignore filters.   I don't know what your calculation is, but the general form would be something like this:

CardCalculation = CALCULATE( [MyCalculation], ALL('Data'[Category]))

This ignores all filters on the column [Category].  

Without knowing the measure you're using for the card, I can't be any more specific than this.  Hopefully it's helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a page filter yes, solution #2 worked perfectly thought, thanks a lot for your quick answer

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.