Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shado26
Helper III
Helper III

Exclude Weekend and working hours

Dear Team

appreciate your assist to upgrade below formula to exclude Weekend and working hours attached test file 

Test PBIX File

i have been used the below formula 

Time Diff2 = VAR PreviousTime=TOPN(1,Filter(Table1,Table1[Orderno]=earlier(Table1[Orderno])&&Table1[LogDatetime]<earlier(Table1[LogDatetime])),[LogDatetime],desc)
RETURN
DATEDIFF(MINX(PreviousTime,Table1[LogDatetime]),Table1[LogDatetime],SECOND)
Duration = 
VAR TotalSeconds=SUM(Table1[Time Diff2])
VAR Days =TRUNC(TotalSeconds/3600/24)
VAR Hours = TRUNC((TotalSeconds-Days*3600*24)/3600)
VAR Mins =TRUNC(MOD(TotalSeconds,3600)/60)
VAR Secs = CEILING(MOD(TotalSeconds,60),1)
return IF(DAYS=0,"",IF(DAYS>1,DAYS&" days "))&IF(Hours<10,"0"&Hours,Hours)&" hours "&IF(Mins<10,"0"&Mins,Mins)&" minutes "&IF(Secs<10,"0"&Secs,Secs)&" seconds "
10 REPLIES 10
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shado26

As I understand, when excluding Weekend and working hours, the second row of "Time Diff2" would change to be 0 instead of 38.

Since excluding Weekend and working hours means excluding any time in Saturday and Sunday, along with time period of 8:00 -18:00 of each day from Monday to Friday.

Is my understanding right?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft

actually our Weekends are Saturday and Friday , working hours between 9 AM till 6 PM 

the above formula  are measure the time difference  between actions  but weekend and working hours are not exclude 

can we do something about this ??? 

Hi @shado26

Yes, it can be achieved, but it will take sometime for me to give proper answer in your scenario.

You could refer to this link which is similar to your case to make a try on your site.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculating-Working-hours/m-p/374255/highlight/true

I'll come back as soon as I complete it.

Best Regards

Maggie

@v-juanli-msft thank you for your time , i will wait for your feedback 

can you share the link 

Hi @v-juanli-msft

waiting for your kind feedback 

hi @v-juanli-msft

any update ??

HI @v-juanli-msft

any update ??

Hi @shado26

I'm very sorry that I can't figure out this problem.

I am a junior engineer and new one of this technical support team. What I have done in your pbix file can't completely meet your requirement.

Maybe you could copy this thread and open another thread, thus others may have chance to take charge of your problem.

Best Regards

Maggie

hey guys appreciate  your help here 

shado26
Helper III
Helper III

Dear Team need your urgnet help 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.