Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sharon842

Exclude Tables in Navigator

Hello everyone, 

We are using Power BI to connect to Db2 for z/OS data. When our users pull up Navigator to select a table, they are able to see all of the schemas that we have for that entire Db2 subsystem. Even if they do not have access to view the data, they can still see the table listed in Navigator. Is there a way to restrict this list? I would like to pick and choose what they can see in this Navigator list.

PBINavigator.png

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @sharon842 ,

I do not believe that this is something that is currently done in Power BI.  I think it is a good idea though.  If you write up an idea (or find one) please let me know and I will vote for it as well.  The interesting part that would have to be determined is that the person signed into Power BI would have to be authenticated against the database structure to determine which table(s) they have permissions to use.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

@collinq Thank you for your response. I have created an Idea here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/40764901-limiting-tables-and-view...

We are connecting to an z/OS Db2 database, so authenticating through the database is our only option.

Hi @sharon842 ,

That is great, I have voted for the idea.  I suggest that you ask everybody else at your organization to vote for this idea so that it gets more than just a couple votes!

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.