Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude Slicer filtered value in calculating Measure

Hi Power BI Experts,

I have a scenario to calculate 2 measures for revenue. user has option to select fiscal year from slicer.

For Example: user selected FY:2019 then i have to calculate show revenue values in table visualization.

Revenue FY:2019      Revenue Last FY: 2018

100                           50 (Expected value)  but showing blank

200                           30 (Expected value)  but showing blank

Here i'm able to create and show  measure values for Revenue FY:2019 with values. but for Last FY:2018 measure values are blank becuase table is already filtered with user selection FY 2019. so ideally it shows blank for last FY.

Any idea please guide me how to achieve my scenrio.

thanks,

Prasad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

For Example: user selected FY:2019 then i have to calculate show revenue values in table visualization.

Here i'm able to create and show  measure values for Revenue FY:2019 with values. but for Last FY:2018 measure values are blank becuase table is already filtered with user selection FY 2019. so ideally it shows blank for last FY.

Basically you can add an ALL() statement to remove the filters from other tables or columns. You can also click Format-> Edit interactions then click the disable icon to disable the interactions between visuals. For more details, you may refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Basically you can add an ALL() statement to remove the filters from other tables or columns. You can also click Format-> Edit interactions then click the disable icon to disable the interactions between visuals. For more details, you may refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.