Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ktbell
Frequent Visitor

Exchange.contents power query returns modified date/time stamp

Hi brains-trust,

Issue: date/time stamp shown in Power BI power-query results reflects modified date/time not sent and received date/time.

I'm connecting to 'Microsoft Exchange Online' source (also tried connecting to 'Microsoft Exchange' source with the same result) to produce reports for particular mailboxes. I've successfully connected to the mailbox, and can produce reports and visuals.

However, the emails within the mailbox have had their Subject line edited to remove the "FW:" and "RE:" text, and I have noticed that the sent and received date/time stamps in Power BI reflect the modified date/time rather than the actual sent/received date and time that is recorded in the message header (and displayed correctly in Outlook).

Has anyone noticed this? Is there any way to force the query to look to the sent/received date and time in the message header?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

well... now I feel a bit embarrassed.

It turns out my confusion was due to my Outlook web app timezone being set to GMT, and the date/time stamp in the message header also reflecting the GMT timezone. So no issues with the Power BI query at all.

Power BI - 1

Me (aka numpty) - 0

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ktbell ,

Sorry I can't reproduce your problem. Could you please provide the related screen shots of the date information in Outlook and Power BI? Whether the receive date and sent date information for all emails are incorrect?

exchange.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

well... now I feel a bit embarrassed.

It turns out my confusion was due to my Outlook web app timezone being set to GMT, and the date/time stamp in the message header also reflecting the GMT timezone. So no issues with the Power BI query at all.

Power BI - 1

Me (aka numpty) - 0

Hi @ktbell ,

Thanks for your reply. It's okay, sometimes we may miss something. Could you please mark this post as Answered? Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.