Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cogidubnus_Rex
Frequent Visitor

Excel text row being imported as null values, but there are there in Excel

So, very strange one.

I'm refreshing data for a pbix file (i.e. connecting to a new data set in the same format as the previous source file), and suddenly I'm getting errors in QE as the top row of text (before it gets promoted as headers) is coming up with null values, instead of the text in the original Excel.

I've downloaded the latest PBI version, used multiple computers, but it's not working, and we're only talking about 80k rows being imported.

When I delete all rows in the Excel file but the top few and then import, suddenly the top row of text is being recognised correctly.

I've never seen this before, and I am in need of help, pretty please with a cherry on top.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon to all.

This is my first time giving a reply to someone, so please forgive me if is something lacking.

I had the exactly same problem and the solution was extrange, I had to eliminate the format of the title column of the Excel table.

After that the Power Bi can take the values of the first row and make it column header.

Note: the format came from the standard report of SAP.

I hope this help.

Best regards.

Javier

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cogidubnus_Rex

Does all the columns show null values?Or does this situation only happen in certain positions?Such as a certain column with a certain line?If so ,pls check and make sure that all the data in the column have the same type.

Best Regards,

Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.