cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
singarfield Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Excel sheet linked to power BI dashboard

I currently have a few excels in my One Drive which are feeding into a dashboard. However, if someone else uses this power bi dashboard on desktop, or updates the data, it breaks. How can I set things up so that the data can be updated by multiple people?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Excel sheet linked to power BI dashboard

Hi Singarfield, 

This is correct, The suggestion would be to share out the file with the relevant users via one drive- 

The way to do this is select the file and click the three elipses and then share - You would then select the users who will be updating the data or need to see it,

If this helps please mark as solution, 

Thanks 

sharing onedrive.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RMDNA Senior Member

@singarfield,

Just host the Excel files in a shared location (maybe a team OneDrive? Or give the other users access to the specific folder on your OneDrive) and adjust the data source settings in Power BI to point to the new location.

Regular Visitor

Hi, 

Would you be able to link me to a tutorial on this? When I have tried changing the path. it only showed me a summary of the tabs within the excel sheet, on a table but didn't work otherswise. This data is already on OneDrive

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Singarfield, 

This is correct, The suggestion would be to share out the file with the relevant users via one drive- 

The way to do this is select the file and click the three elipses and then share - You would then select the users who will be updating the data or need to see it,

If this helps please mark as solution, 

Thanks 

sharing onedrive.PNG

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

Hi, 

Im still not sure on how to change the data source on power BI. 

This is not working for me. 

Thank you

Sara

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 327 members 3,468 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: