Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excel list on SharePoint O365 - not connecting online, only on desktop

I have a dataset with all data from many SharePoint lists, all workig fine using Oauth2 as permissions/credentials.

We have one excel sheet saved on the same SharePoint site as an Excel document. It is connecting as web instead of sharepoint (not sure why, but that was what it did). It also used Oauth2 on desktop.

When I go to BI online and setup refreshes it is saying I dont have right credentials for the Web portion.

I checked and there is no OAuth2 option listed for it.

I need this updated ASAP because we have to automate these refreshes for many departments.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you are connecting with excel in sharepoint by web, please sign in with organizational account to have a try:

1.PNG

And also set the credential in service:

2.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

OAuth2 isnt option though online; refreshes failOAuth2 isnt option though online; refreshes failOAuth2 is set as data source setting in desktopOAuth2 is set as data source setting in desktop

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.