Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

afaque03
Helper I
Helper I

Excel and datasbase data does not get realted.

Hi Need Help,

I am stucked in an issue where I have one spreadsheet as dataset and I have a SQL query which is bringing data. In both these data set I have Product name and when I create relationship between two column of product name the relationship of mmany to one gets created but when I pull data from query and the other field from spreadhseet then one of the column becomes null.

I have apnneded 4 spreadhseet together and made it one in Power BI level. In this Append 1 is the sheet which I have appended and Query1 is from where Iam getting the data in SQL.

spreadhseet issue.JPG

When I drop the product field from Append1 and Product filed from Query 1 then th putput I get is

spreadhseet issue2.JPG

I have hidden the name of the product but the aboove issue is what Iam facing.

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@afaque03,

Could you please share sample data of append1 table and Query1 table here? Does the Append1 table contain all the possible product name values of Query1 table?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msftNo the no. of prooduct in query is more as compared to the no. of product in Append.

@afaque03,

The issue is related to the values. Please create a new bridge table containing all possible product name values of Append table and query table, then delete the existing relationship between append and query tables, create relationship between bridge table and append table, and create relationship between bridge table and query table.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msftI created a spreadhseet which has all the unique product which are there in Query 1 and Append 1 and made a relation of query 1 product with spreadhseet product and spreadhseet product with append 1 product but when I use the date filter from Query 1 the value does not change it remains the same. Means nothing changes because of the filter in the table where I have the product and there values.

@afaque03,

The issue could be caused by incorrect relationship, please share sample data of your tables so that I can test.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.