Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excel Pivot Table to Power Query Editor

Hello, 

I am relatively new to power BI and have run in to an issue. What I am trying to do is find a way to build a report that shows which members of our company are viewing reports that we have on the Power BI Service, when they are viewing them, how many times etc. 

The "usage metrics" feature and subsequnetly the "Analyse in excel" feature have proven to be a super effective way for me to access who is viewing reports across an entire workspace. 

When I "Analyze" the "Usage metrics report" in excel, I do so using a pivot table as is default with the feature. I am able to select the information that I would like to see and excel returns a table that looks as follows:

Here I have first the date, then the user's email and then the specific report they viewed and the amount of times they viewed it on that date. This is exactly the information I would need to meet my goal.

When I put this data in to Power BI, the following is what occurs. As you can see i have first the date in its own row, the the email address and then the reports:

snippy.PNG

In order for this to be useful to me in power BI, I would like this data to look something like this (i just typed this in to excel to show what i would like to accomplish): 

snippyd.PNG

Is there a somewhat efficient way to do this???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.