Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cord

Every day a new set of sql-data in one report?

We don´t use Power BI yet, but I have to prove if it is useful for us.

I would like to create ONE report which contains datasets from sql-server. Every day is added a new set of data in SQL.

The user in power BI should choose the As-Of-Date he wants to see (for example from the beginning of year 2017 until today). 

Is this possible or do i have create a new report with the new sql data every day?

I hope you understand my problem and can help me.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @cord

Yes it's possibly to create a report that allows your end user to select a range of days (or individual days) to visualise data.

These will be called filters/slicers and there are different types of filters that can be added to your report to enable interactivity.

Start simple 🙂

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @cord

Yes it's possibly to create a report that allows your end user to select a range of days (or individual days) to visualise data.

These will be called filters/slicers and there are different types of filters that can be added to your report to enable interactivity.

Start simple 🙂

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks for your answer. But I have to specify if it also is possible to load a new data set (with new as -of -date) to a SQL server and the end-user will see it on the bi report (which was created just one time). Or does a power bi report only can contains the data which was available at the time of creating the bi report?

It is possibly to refresh your report so that new data is reflected in the report.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.