Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rixmcx59
Helper IV
Helper IV

Events in progress not returning expected result

Hello all, the formula below is not including records started before Feb 1, 2014? why? (the date table is unrelated)

OpenTickets =
 CALCULATE(
  DISTINCTCOUNT('ODI Inovation Metrics'[Remedy ID]),
   FILTER( 'ODI Inovation Metrics', 'ODI Inovation Metrics'[StartYearMonth] <= MAX(Date_New[Year Month Short])),
   FILTER( 'ODI Inovation Metrics', 'ODI Inovation Metrics'[EndYearMonth] = BLANK() || 'ODI Inovation Metrics'[EndYearMonth] >= MAX( Date_New[Year Month Short]))   
   )

I verified my result and the formula is ignoring 24 records that started in Jan of 2014 and ended during or after Feb of 2014, sorry to repost this but I was not sure if you could re-start a previous post.

Thanks for any help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey,

I guess that the datatype of your columns that you are using is of type "text".

This measure returns "unexpected":

Measure = 
IF("2014/Jan" < "2014/Feb","Jan is before Feb", "unexpected")

You have to change the datatype of the column that is used to something that does not use "alphanumerical" sorting, like decimal/wholenumber/date/datetime.

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rixmcx59

Need to understand your data to answer your question.

Whats the value of the below 2 in your data model?

MAX(Date_New[Year Month Short])

MAX( Date_New[Year Month Short])

And, whats the value of  'ODI Inovation Metrics'[StartYearMonth] &'ODI Inovation Metrics'[EndYearMonth] for the mising records?

Also, i hope the relationship is detup properly.

Thanks

Raj

DateFormat.png

StartYearMonth and EndYearMonth are dates from the fact table, YearMonthShort is from the Date table. Other post on this site recommended no relationship between these 2 tables, then counting the ID. I am trying to count all open tickets in each month.

Hey,

I guess that the datatype of your columns that you are using is of type "text".

This measure returns "unexpected":

Measure = 
IF("2014/Jan" < "2014/Feb","Jan is before Feb", "unexpected")

You have to change the datatype of the column that is used to something that does not use "alphanumerical" sorting, like decimal/wholenumber/date/datetime.

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Tom, your original post (in another thread) guided me to the answer, thanks

S3 = Calculate (
  CountRows ( 'ODI Inovation Metrics' ),
  Filter (Values ( 'ODI Inovation Metrics'[Submit Date] ), 'ODI Inovation Metrics'[Submit Date] <= Max ( Date_New[Date] )  ),
  Filter (Values ( 'ODI Inovation Metrics'[Closed Date] ), 'ODI Inovation Metrics'[Closed Date] = BLANK()|| 'ODI Inovation Metrics'[Closed Date] >=Min ( Date_New[Date] )  )
                 )

Thanks for the response, I created a new  column and used the the date/short date format and got the same result, the fields below are the actual dates.

CarriedOver2 = CALCULATE(
  DISTINCTCOUNT('ODI Inovation Metrics'[Remedy ID]),
   FILTER( 'ODI Inovation Metrics', 'ODI Inovation Metrics'[Submit Date] <= MAX(Date_New[Date])),
   FILTER( 'ODI Inovation Metrics', 'ODI Inovation Metrics'[Closed Date] = BLANK() || 'ODI Inovation Metrics'[Closed Date] >= MAX( Date_New[Date]))   
   )

Should I be using a new column or a measure? table or a matrix? when I run this in MS Access I get the right result,

SELECT [ODI Inovation Metrics_1].[Remedy ID], [ODI Inovation Metrics_1].[Submit Date], [ODI Inovation Metrics_1].[Closed Date]
FROM [ODI Inovation Metrics] AS [ODI Inovation Metrics_1]
WHERE ((([ODI Inovation Metrics_1].[Closed Date])>=#2/1/2014# Or ([ODI Inovation Metrics_1].[Closed Date]) Is Null) AND ((Month([Submit Date]))<=2) AND ((Year([Submit Date]))<=2014));

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors