Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Event Labeling in Charts- Possible?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to label events on a regular chart. So for example, 7/1/2017 is when "Program X" started, and 8/1/2017 is when "Program Y" started. I'd like to show that in a visual.

I can't seem to get this right now. There's a workaround here, but it only shows when you scroll over the chart:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/Annotating-Specific-Events-in-Line-Charts...

This new feature doesn't seem to help either:

https://mspoweruser.com/new-timeline-storyteller-power-bi-visual-allows-create-interactive-timeline-...

Example is shown in the attached picture:

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

2 REPLIES 2
Jeffrey_Hamm
Regular Visitor

I agree 100%. Power BI shows results on a line graph and does some analytics if you have a lot of raw data.

BUT I would like to have a dataset with dates and an event description which is joined with the main data.

This way events can be manually added and then appear on the visual to coincide with the lines.

Eg...

March 15th - Network Update

March 31st  - Major Power Outage

April 12th - New Product Release

April 30th - Update Network Protocols on primary hub

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody have the answer to this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.