Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

george_p
Frequent Visitor

Evaluating record from a fact table baes on subscription period

Hi all,

In my data model, I have a fact table with a list of transactions with client_id, date of transaction and amount. I have also a table with my clients and a table with periods of premium subscriptions. The default plan for my clients is Essential. Each one of them could go premium, then cancel his premium subscription and renew it again at some point later on. I need to assign to each of my transactions a value for the subscription plan under it is made. Below you can find the relationship diagram of my dataset.

image.png

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@george_p,

Here is an example for your reference.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/conditional-join/m-p/340423#M152404

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft,

This example is quite different from mine. Maybe I've failed to explain but let me try again.

What I want to achieve is to label each of the records in Fact as "premium" or not. This can be achieved if Fact[date] is between the related Premium[from] and Premium[to]. The problem is that one client could have more than one related records in the Premium table, thus the related records that would be transferred from Premium to Fact could be more than one. I need to evaluate if Fact[date] is between each of the related records and if it is between one of them to label it as "premium" or not.

For instance:

For fact record with date 1/1/2018 and client_id 1, I want to label it as "premium" or "not premium". To check if it is premium, I need to lookup the premium periods for this client from table Premium. However, this client has two premium periods and I need to check 1/1/2018 against the first period and the second period. If it is within one of the periods, it is premium else it is not premium.

Best,

George

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.