Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Evaluate sales in a campagin period

Hi all,

I have two tables.

A transaction table listing items, revenue, posting date and other categorizations such as price adjustment.

Then I have another table listing items, campaign code and start and end date. 

I would like to monitor the campaign item sales. Specifically see how much of the sales has been done with a price adjustment = "manually"  in the campaign period (because this shouldn't happen).

Campagin table:

kolovez_0-1631880892846.png

a random test to illustra the problem

kolovez_1-1631881688596.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems like a common multiple date field analysis requirement, I'd like to suggest you take a look at below blog start end date part it helps:

Before You Post, Read This 

In addition, you can also consider creating a new table to expand and mapping the records:

Solved: Spread revenue across period based on start and en... - Microsoft Power BI Community
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems like a common multiple date field analysis requirement, I'd like to suggest you take a look at below blog start end date part it helps:

Before You Post, Read This 

In addition, you can also consider creating a new table to expand and mapping the records:

Solved: Spread revenue across period based on start and en... - Microsoft Power BI Community
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , One way is to create a new column in the campaign table from sales

example

sumx(filter(Sales, campaign [Business Unit] = sales[Business Unit] && campaign[Item] = sales[Items]

&& Sales[Sales Date] >= campaign[Start Date] && Sales[Sales Date]<= campaign[End Date]), Sales[Sales Amount])

and you can use that.

Or populate campaign ID in sales tables

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.