Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Essbase Adapter (Direct Query)

We are doing some POC to see if we can use POWERBI for the reports from Essbase Cube.

I managed to connect and do some simple reports using the DirectQuery/Import data options.

But as soon as I try and include some filters, I am unable to make the Direct Query work. I am getting the error "OLE DB or ODBC Error : [Expression.Error] Essbase Error (1200467); error executing formula".

Is there any way I could edit the MDX query used to fetch the data for Direct Query.

I have enabled MDX tracing on Essbase, but essbase logs them only when the query is successfull,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

According to my knowledge,  MDX query is only available in Import model from May 2019.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-2019-feature-summary/#essbase

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
venkatasuresh_g
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Ramesh 

Do you have steps listed out how to connec to ESSBASE from PowerBi? I am trying to connect and I hit an error while expanding the cube as shown below. This started happening when We loaded data to Account , before that it was showning Dimensions and with Hierarchies .

Any inputs will help me in this POC.

ESSBASE_ERROR.PNG

Thanks 

Suresh

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

According to my knowledge,  MDX query is only available in Import model from May 2019.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-2019-feature-summary/#essbase

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the april release, Still struggling to download the latest update.

Thanks for your help, I will give it a give once I get the latest updates.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.