Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rosa

Esri Arcgis Maps: Power BI error after february update

Hi,

When I start Power BI for Desktop (with Esri Map activated) I get this error. I've worked for some days and I've saved some templates that now not work. If I uncheck Esri Map error doesn't happen. I've installed february update ( 2.43.4647.541 64-bit (febbraio 2017) )

KInd Regards,

Marco

--------------------------------------------------

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2017-02-13T16:35:51.8649123Z

Local Time:
2017-02-13T17:35:51.8649123+01:00

Product Version:
2.43.4647.541 (PBIDesktop) (x64)

Release:
February 2017

IE Version:

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0 (x64 it-IT)

CLR Version:
4.6.1 or later [Release Number = 394271]

Workbook Package Info:
1* - it-IT, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Peak Working Set:
364 MB

Private Memory:
248 MB

Peak Virtual Memory:
33.7 GB

JS Error Message:
Cannot read property 'iconBase64' of undefined

Error Message:
Si è verificato un errore durante il rendering del report.

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.JavaScriptException: Si è verificato un errore durante il rendering del report.
TypeError: Cannot read property 'iconBase64' of undefined
    at Object.createVisualPlugin (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/VisualHostCore.js:1425:58)
    at Object.<anonymous> (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/VisualHostCore.js:332:65)
    at j (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/opensource/jquery/jquery-2.1.1.js:2:26860)
    at Object.k.fir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry to hear that it's not resolved yet. Could you try one more thing. Power BI Desktop has a cache. Please try clearing the cache, with the following steps:

1) Close all instances of Power BI Desktop

2) Open file explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF\cache

• replace <system drive> with your operating system hard disk partition
  • replace <user> with your user profile name, typically the alias you login to Windows with

3) Delete all contents of this folder

4) Restart Power BI Desktop

Let me know if the issue persists after you've followed these instructions.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

Try the advice given by user catecoreill about 5 hours ago. It is listed adjacent to your messages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just checked and everything seems to be working now! Thanks so much!

Hi everyone!

I also made a topic about this issue several days ago and i was linked here, gladly.

It seems like a good solution to clear the cache, but im afraid i can not find this folder or anything that looks like it, even after several manual and automated searches. Im on Windows 7, 64bit.

Tried uninstalling, running Ccleaner, installing again, but the problem still persists.. although this probably means the cache folder is definitely not in the programfiles folder..

This might be a stupid question, but could anyone tell me where this cache folder might be located if its not in "<system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF\cache" as Lukaszp mentioned?

Kind regards!

EDIT:

Apologies, manually typing the path did it for me. Seems that even when youve unhidden all folders, they can still be hidden:)

Hi Yanthrax

The folder is probably hidden.  Go to your Control Panel and select File Explorer Options. On the panel that appears select the View tab.  This will reveal the rules for your Files and Folders. Under Hidden Files and Folders,  click the radio button against "Show hidden Folders and Files".

This should then let you proceed to find the Power Bi cache.  Where you should just delete the entire contents of the cache folder. When finished return the Files and Folders status  back to hidden.

Hope this helps.

wilsonm

That fixed it for me.

Thanks for the Help!

Fixed it for me as well

Thanks

@Rosa could you give the cache clearing workaround a try and let me know if the issue is resolved.

@maja742, @leJuan5150, @jbakanovas thanks for confirming the issue is resolved with the Cache clearing workaround.

@lukaszpThank you very much for the reply, the workaround works well!

Kind Regards,

Marco

Thanks for the reply, but this did not fix the issue for me.  Also, I am receiving an error when openning Power BI Desktop when ArcGIS is enabled (it goes away when ArcGIS is disabled).

I am encountering the same problem and disabling/re-enabling ESRI did not fix the issue.

Hello all.

Just to let you know we keep this issue under investigation.

Will update this thread later.

Daniel

MSFT

hdunn
Frequent Visitor

More info.

I uninstalled the Feb version, and reinstalled the version downloaded in Nov 2016. The same error message appears.

Not sure what has caused the error.

Helen

dtorres
Employee
Employee

Can you please open a Support Ticket?

hdunn
Frequent Visitor

The same error, except that I only got the iconBase64 error.

jbakanovas

Same problem here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.