cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjudd

Escape character in source query?

Hi, I have a SQL query that works perfectly in Oracle SQL Developer. Here is a condition I applied in SQL to eliminate a batch of extraneous rows. and upper(ou_code) not like ('A\_%')

In order for the condition to work correctly, excluding the right rows, but not exluding others, I needed to escape the underscore. The condition is actually based on this text: A_

When I ported the query into Power Bi Desktop, the condition is not being applied. In other words, rows that include A_ in the relevant field are NOT excluded in Power Bi.

When I remove the backshash escape character in the query sopurce in Power Bi, I have the same issue as in Oracle SQL developer, that caused me to use the SQL escape chracter.

So, what escape character should I use in this source query in Power Bi?

Thank you for any suggestions.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.