Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Errors when uploading data

Hi, please can you assist me with an issue I am having when I try and upload my data in Power BI.

I have included screen shots of the data as well as the error message below, as I cannot seemt to find an upload button to upload the excel spreadsheet.

My data does not want to load fully.

Screen shot of data.JPG

Screen shot of error message.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
petegordon

How do I know the data type of the column in BI?  I am uploading an excel file and know how to format the upload file in excel but not a clue how power bi column format works

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry I’m not quite sure about “I cannot seemt to find an upload button to upload the excel spreadsheet.” Does it means you edit it in query editor and then apply to the desktop? could you please specify more details? That would be preferred if you could share us the detailed error info as well.

Based on my research, this phenomenon probably happens when your columns contain data that doesn't match the data type of the column. This is allowed in Power Query, but not when the data is loaded.

An example would be numbers with fractions, while your column's data type is whole number.

Finding the errors: visually check if the actual data in each column matches the data type of the column.

Solving the errors: make sure the data types of the columns match the data types of the values in the columns.

Please share us more info if the problem still exist. Thanks!

Best regards,

Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

If my above post helps, could you please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. thanks!

Best regards,
Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors