cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Errors: 28

Hi fellows,

I aggregate a dataset from a 3 million row table from a MySQL database, successfully in Query Editor; but once I apply and closed; Power BI destktop returns the below error during Apply Query Changes.

This is the error message:

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] MySQL: Error writing file '/tmp/MYefEeg0' (Errcode: 28).
'.

I cannot import 3 million rows as-id; so aggregated but it fails. Any idea...?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Errors: 28

Hi @umutgulac,

Based on my search, you can use perror command to check that Errcode 28 means “No space left on device”. In your scenario, the error indicates that you don’t have enough space to create temp files needed by big MySQL requests.

To exclude this error, change MySQL config so that it uses a different temp folder on a different partition. For more details, please review this similar blog.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Errors: 28

I followed another workaround; so I could not follow up this reply; but thanks for the answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors