Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jaidee
Helper II
Helper II

Error: xxx is bloked because of to many connection errors; unblock with...

I tried to refresh online via Gateway some days ago. Now I cannot connect to the mysql db anymore in Power Bi Desktop.

Not even if a try to setup a onnection from another PC. It just says:

DataSource.Error: MySQL: Host xxx(my line or other places I have tried) is bloked because of to many connection errors; unblock with "mysqladmin flush-hosts".

I have no problem to login to the DB via Work Bench. They guys administrating the db says there are no problem since I can use my credentials to login via Work Bench. But it does not make sense since every PC says I am blocked in Power BI desktop

11 REPLIES 11
chaitanyagandhi
Regular Visitor

Is there any solution for permanent fix? Every table creates a connection with database. Also does this connection gets closed once query is executed.

Is there any way i can just run multiple query to generate multiple table with 1 connection to database and close it once its executed. Please suggest.

I couldn't find any fix so I just increase max_connect_errors of mysql instead. Otherwise I'll need to flush every few days which is very annoying.

I had the same issue for a very long time now and (in my case) it turned out, that I had to update my MySQL connector. Everything used to work fine until (without my knowledge) one of our MySQL sources was updated. Since updating the connector everything okay again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have similar problem. how to fix this temporarily? what command do we need to use?

superroy
Frequent Visitor

I also have this problem.

I have to flush hosts every few days.

Is there a solution?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

flush-hosts should clear all of the connections from the mysql server. Basically, I have seen in the past that Power BI has a bad habit with MySQL of leaving connections open. Sounds like you have reached your max_connect_errors limit.

http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/40150/mysql-connection-blocked-because-of-many-connection-err...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Is this a known issue? I keep getting the same error with what seems to be Power BI enterprise gateway leaving mysql connections open? I keep having to flush hosts every few days. =

Any solutions? 

I still have trouble with this. The hosts of the SQL server wont let me use it anymore, so I had to deactivate auto refresh.

The host have a max of 100 connections on their MySQL. When I refresh data I can see several thousands connections from PBI Desktop. Is this another kind of connection to the actual rows? And so when I refresh one dataset it is only one connection?

I still have the problem here. Any work around, guys?

Hello everyone,

Im experiencing the same problem.

Any news on how to solve it ?

Regards

GV

German Viera
http://slidemodel.com/

For me, not yet I've just "mysqladmin flush-hosts" few second ago and come back to check on this topic.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.