Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error while using time intelligence function

Hi All,

I am facing below error while using any of the time intelligence function.

Date [Date] column contains all  dates of model i.e.calender(date(2017,1,1),date(2019,1,1))

error.png

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Click "New Table" instead of "New Column".

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft, @v-cherch-msft Hi Thank you  for your suggestion.

Date table is already created and model is bit complex.Basically I want create dynamic slicer which will show data for one year considering 1st of that particular month.

I have used relative slicer but when applied for 1 year it shows date like 20/2/2018-20/2/2019

But I want it to show from 1/2/2018-20/2/2019

start date should change dynamically to 01/month/year for slicer.

@Anonymous ,

So your requirement is to create a dynamic table based on the date slicer? If it is, I'm afraid power bi doesn't support dynamic table or column. You can use measure instead using DAX function like ALLSELECTED() in your specific senario.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft 

Not table exactly.But yes dynamic date slicer,where start date =current month and end date=month of last year which should  start with 1st of that month  always

eg. It should show me data between 

Today(05 apr 2019 t) to last year( 01 apr 2018)

Any suggestion on DAX  query/function.

Thank you in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous,

PARALLELPERIOD returns a table, normally used in the filter arguements of CALCULATE statement. In your case you might want to try DATEADD for your calculated column

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.