Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hmokkapati
Helper II
Helper II

Error while refreshing pbix with connection to xlsx files on OneDrive

Hello,

Posted this in similar thread too, but since there was no reply starting a new thread here

I have multiple xlsx files on One Drive for Business and accessed these files using Get Data-> Sharepoint folder. Everything works fine on the desktop. But once I publish the file and try to refresh through the Power BI Online Service, i get the below error:

Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider is required to connect to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thank You,

Harisha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

This problem actually got resolved after i re-installed Access on my machine and installed the Access Database engine too.

Thanks for your reply.

Thank You,

Harisha

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hmokkapati,

According to your description, I have tested it on my side. I can refresh through the Power BI Online Service without any error.

q1.PNGrh1.PNG

Could you go to recheck the file extension of all your files on One Drive, and make sure they're ".xlsx", not "xls"?Smiley Happy

Regards

Hello,

This problem actually got resolved after i re-installed Access on my machine and installed the Access Database engine too.

Thanks for your reply.

Thank You,

Harisha

Hi @hmokkapati,

Great to hear the problem got resolved! Could you accept your last reply as solution to help others who has similar issue easily find the answer and close this thread?Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.