Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

XIANG
Helper I
Helper I

Error when saving report to Power BI Report Server

Hi,

i'm just download the power bi report server and power BI desktop (report server ) 

i could enter the web portal of Power BI report Server 

then  i created the report to save to report server 

but this error appeared: 

Capture.JPG

then i tried to save the report to local file and upload the file to report server 

but  another error says  have an error and try later...

could you help me please?   

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @XIANG,

Based on your error message, please review this article to check your configuration of your report server.

Please view the Log File and check the reason, which usually locates in the path:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRSxx.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles

In addition, please try a simple report and publish it to report server, and check if it works well.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nchambe
Advocate II
Advocate II

Make sure the Power BI Desktop version you're using (client app for report creation) matches or is "less than" the version you have installed on the actual report server. See my blog post on this error message for step-by-step guidance.

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @XIANG,

Based on your error message, please review this article to check your configuration of your report server.

Please view the Log File and check the reason, which usually locates in the path:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRSxx.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles

In addition, please try a simple report and publish it to report server, and check if it works well.

Best Regards,
Angelia

XIANG
Helper I
Helper I

For complete: 

I use the SSAS tabular mode for data source  

You have to use the Connect Live to the SSAS Tabular model. Did you configure the Power BI Report Server? and able to browse the portal?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.