Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ymy_30
Frequent Visitor

Error when refreshing data in Power BI

Hello All, 

need help in telling me what is wrong . Could not seem to refresh data into my old Power BI report. However, when I import data from SQL Server into a newly Power BI report, it seems fine, and run perfectly. 

Your help would be appreciated! Thank you! 

error.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
ymy_30
Frequent Visitor

HI @v-shex-msft , 

My power bi dekstop is x64 bit ya. It still have the error when i refreshed the data. Can the sql server caused this problem to occur?

Thank you. 

Hi @ymy_30,

Based on error message, it told you 'not enough memory to complete the operation'. How many Idle RAM available on your device and server?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft , thank you for your reply. 

My device have 8GB RAM. Should be enough to run the operation right?

Best regards, 

Mun Yee

HI @ymy_30,

I think you need to check on resource manage if other applications spend huge of memory resources.(idle memory not enough to complete power bi refresh operation)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

What is your Data Source and How your refreshing in your reports.

Can you please explain in detail. So that we can help you

Regards,

Bajee.

ymy_30
Frequent Visitor

Hi Bajee, 

My data source is from the SQL Server ya. I have some new data that i would like to import from SQL Server to my Power BI report. Normally, I will just click on the refresh button, then it will refresh. 

However, the error came up, by saying "there's not enough memory to run this operation" . 

Thank you! 

HI @ymy_30,

Which version of power bi desktop you used?(32 bit or 64 bit)

I'd like to suggest you use 64 bit, it can support more processing memory than 32 bit.

Chat Question: Memory Limits for 32-bit and 64-bit processes

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.