Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ouindia

Error when refresh data from power bi desktop / server which connect to SAP BW4HANA datasource

Dear All / Expert

I have some issue when i try to change variable in the filter from BW query designer.

I have changed the variable from single variable into multiple single variable. After that i refresh the PBI in desktop as well as Service and i got below meesage. I have tried to change in back to the initial stage but the error still occurred

* _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________*

Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information. 
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. 

Underlying error code : -2147467259 Table: COPA Information (Plan Vs Actual).

Underlying error message :1 arguments were passed to a function which expects 2.

DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult : -2147467259

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Arguments : {{...}}

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason : Expression.Error

Cluster URI : WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID : 70d2b94a-ab13-47de-9b26-05a5e4b6ad48

Request ID : 796bfb08-b8a0-776f-132d-ffedde9000c4

Time : 2018-10-19 08:58:48Z

Thank you

Wilathphon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Xiaoxin

I will try to explain each step how can i come up with that error

Background

Our project is using SAP BW as backend and connect with PBI using import mode

Requirement

We would like to change our prompt from single selection to multiple selection

Step to re-produce the error

In BW4HANA

1. I created new variable with variable type as multi single value (the variable that we change is the currency type) in BW query

2. Change the exsiting variable into new variable from step 1

3. Save and activate

In PBI

1. Try to refresh the report

2. the error occur as below

Updated: last friday i changed my query from multi selection into fixed value (Meaning i just filter it with value instead of variable) after changing the error still occurred, However, we try to refresh again this morning and it's working fine now. The report can refresh it.

Thank you
Wilathphon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ouindia

Dear All / Expert

I am working with Power BI and SAP BW4HANA in the current project and i am facing some issue when i try to change variable in the filter from BW query designer. I have changed the variable from single variable into multiple single variable. After that i refresh the PBI in desktop as well as Service and i got below meesage. I have tried to change in back to the initial stage but the error still occurred

* _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________*

Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information. 
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. 

Underlying error code : -2147467259 Table: COPA Information (Plan Vs Actual).

Underlying error message :1 arguments were passed to a function which expects 2.

DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult : -2147467259

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Arguments : {{...}}

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason : Expression.Error

Cluster URI : WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID : 70d2b94a-ab13-47de-9b26-05a5e4b6ad48

Request ID : 796bfb08-b8a0-776f-132d-ffedde9000c4

Time : 2018-10-19 08:58:48Z

Thank you

Wilathphon

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

when you call the function, have you passed the second argument? it seems you call the function as if it was a single argument one
e.g. if original funstion was 

fnTransorm(var1 as text)

and you called it as

fnTransorm(var1Value)

if the function would be 

fnTransorm(var1 as text, var2 as text)

but you still call it the old way

fnTransorm(var1Value)
fnTransorm(var1Value, var2Value)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @ouindia,

Can you please share some detail information of your queries table? According to error message, it seems like something wrong with your query steps.

Regards

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin

I will try to explain each step how can i come up with that error

Background

Our project is using SAP BW as backend and connect with PBI using import mode

Requirement

We would like to change our prompt from single selection to multiple selection

Step to re-produce the error

In BW4HANA

1. I created new variable with variable type as multi single value (the variable that we change is the currency type) in BW query

2. Change the exsiting variable into new variable from step 1

3. Save and activate

In PBI

1. Try to refresh the report

2. the error occur as below

Updated: last friday i changed my query from multi selection into fixed value (Meaning i just filter it with value instead of variable) after changing the error still occurred, However, we try to refresh again this morning and it's working fine now. The report can refresh it.

Thank you
Wilathphon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.