Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tommy-olsen
Advocate I
Advocate I

Error when publishing a report from despktop

Hello.

I am trying to publish a report, from PowerBi Desktop, to display them online on dashboards.

It seems that no matter what I do, it keeps on handing me an error saying "Unexpected error - The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel".

The error changed shortly to some error regarding a Unexpected JSON.

I then tried publishing another report, but I still got the same error. Both reports have been published before.

HELP PLEASE! 

9 REPLIES 9
wredifer
Frequent Visitor

Same issue, sent a frown and details.

RESOLVED. By itself when I tried again this morning. I think Microsoft side were having some certificate issues last night. They might have rectified it as it worked again today. I sent a frown as well last night but did not receive a reply yet so frowning is not really that fast as they claimed. 🙂

Drobinson1
Helper III
Helper III

Same Issue here.  Did not have any issues with publishing yesterday and now I can't publish at all. Please help I have a demo to give this Friday !!

magobi

same error here...

any solution ??

Seeing same thing. Just posted about this in Service forum. Should have looked here first.

Seems obvious from the numbers of folks posting about this that MSFT have an issue on the service side.

Make sure you submit this as a bug report, as well. You can do so in PBI Desktop by using the 'Send a frown' option in the File menu, and using the feedback menu in PBI Service.

The forums are a great avenue for discussing issues, sharing thoughts / ideas, and troubleshooting, but they are not the official medium to submit bug reports.

Proper bug reports will receive more attention from the devs than forum posts.

iamtiny

I have the same issue. Tried different networks no go. Never had the problem yesterday.

JPC3
Advocate I
Advocate I

Not sure of the underlying issue but was getting the same error this morning.  A workaround to publish my reports was to;

• Log onto to the Website;
  • Click 'Get Data';
  • Select 'Import' - 'Files';
  • Browse to your local version of the .pbix file;

From this point worked as per normal process.

JC

NHughes

I am getting the exact same error. It does not seem to be related to a specifit data source - every report I ahve tried to upload encounters the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.