Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error when link to dynamic365 as the database

Hello ALL, Does anyone use Dynamic365 as the data source to make a PBI report? I encountered a problem in the process of use. I used the following website (https://companyname.crm4.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.0) to make data connection in the software, but the software loaded all the table data. I searched with the keyword Opportunity, but I couldn't find the HP Asia Opportunity data I wanted. Is there a better way to find the right path to the table I want? Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You probably need to have at least the 'System Customizer' role. 

Go to 'Settings' from the top menu, then 'Customizations' and 'Customize the System'. In the new default solution window, you will be able to expand the list of entities in the list on the left. After clicking on the selected entity, a form with all its details will appear. There you should also find its system name ('Name').

The system name of the entity should correspond to the table name you get in Power BI.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pawelk3
Helper I
Helper I

After entering the source reference to D365, in Power BI 'Navigator' window, you should be able to browse through all the tables you have available on your system. To find the correct one you need to know its system 'Name" (not 'Display name') in D365. You can find this name directly in the system (under system settings) if you have appropriate administrator rights.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. But I don't have administrator rights of the system. In this case, can I find the real name of the data table in the system Settings? If possible, could you please show me the detailed operation? Thank you very much indeed

You probably need to have at least the 'System Customizer' role. 

Go to 'Settings' from the top menu, then 'Customizations' and 'Customize the System'. In the new default solution window, you will be able to expand the list of entities in the list on the left. After clicking on the selected entity, a form with all its details will appear. There you should also find its system name ('Name').

The system name of the entity should correspond to the table name you get in Power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.