Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

annerogers
Helper I
Helper I

Error when Refreshing SQL Data

I am getting the error below when I try to refresh my data tables.  I have desktop and am connected to SQL.  In the top screen shot I think it is saying that a column I had selected in my data table to delete doesn't exist.  It looks like it shows this as being from the "remove column 3" of the list of applied steps I did a couple weeks ago.  Is there a way to correct this so I can get the data to refresh?  This one failing made the other 3 tables I have fail to refresh as well.  See the screenshots I took below.  Thank you.

errors.png

error.pngerror2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SSMS - SQL Server Management Studio

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @annerogers,

Regarding the "The column 'supervising_country_code' of the table wasn't found", please check all the steps above Remove Column3 step in Applied Steps to see if there is a column actually called 'supervising_country_code'.

Regarding the error "Cannot continue the execution because the session is in the kill state", please go to SSMS, connect to the same SQL Server instance, check if you can query data from the same table you get data from in Power BI desktop.

Best Regartds,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Where is SSMS?  Sorry I am not sure what that is.

SSMS - SQL Server Management Studio

Thank you.  This was the issue, something has changed in the connection. 

Hi @annerogers,

Glad to hear the issue is solved. Smiley Happy

As the issue is related to connection changed after you check in SSMS, would you please also mark my previous post as an answer if you think it's helpful?

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.