Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jloo

Error refreshing excell data from sharepoint

Hi All,

I build an report from excel file that is located in SharePoint and i am getting a error below when is trying to refresh the data.  The error said i need 64bit Access database Engine.  Why do i need it when everything is on the cloud?  Am i missing something?  The frist two time i used the type of excel file with new data to test data refresh was successful. The source excel file is on sharepoint, I did use the 64bit version of PowerBI desktop to build the report and publish the report to premium work space.

Thanks in advance 🙂

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details

Data source error:Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: Query1.
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:f8660512-d4f4-4505-a04a-1e7a370a35a1
Request ID:1c600add-2767-4ad7-9d47-8f2e76eeb4f4
Time:2019-03-07 08:16:37Z
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jimmy,

Thanks for your suggestion.  It was the source spread sheet that was causing the issue.  I went ahead and copy the data to a new tab as "values only" and use that new tab as my new data source and i no longer get the error.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jloo ,

Have you created any power pivot model and connected to MS Access database in excel file? If you have, the bit version of MS Access db should be same with MS Excel. If haven't, please update power bi desktop and O365/MS Excel to the lastest version, then check if this issue persists.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Jimmy,

Thanks for your suggestion.  It was the source spread sheet that was causing the issue.  I went ahead and copy the data to a new tab as "values only" and use that new tab as my new data source and i no longer get the error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors