Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jamesradams
Regular Visitor

Error refreshing data source when I add variable

I have a dataset in csv with 40 columns on. If I add two more columns in the middle the last tow columns are not recognised when I refresh the file.

How can I fix this? 

I see

Expression.Error Column "uplift_res" was not found.

It is definitely in the CSV.

6 REPLIES 6
jamesradams
Regular Visitor

In the end I just deleted the data connected and then connected it again. Seemed to work.

I don't know how to access the query code. I just click the menus. "get data - csv - file" etc.

Here is your access to the query editor:

Query editor.png

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)
MarcelBeug
Community Champion
Community Champion

You need to verify your query code and adapt it to the new layout of your csv file.

E.g. some steps may included column names (or number of columns) that need to be adjusted.

I don't understand what you mean by verify my query code. It's a simple CSV with some columns. I've added some columns to it and want them to read in. I don't recall any issues like this is Tableau. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jamesradams,

@MarcelBeugis talking about your query code in Power BI Desktop.

The thing would be if you provide us with a picture of the column names of the csv and the query code.

Probably your query code includes hard coded column names.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.