Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amnadeem1991
Helper I
Helper I

Error "column contains blank values and this is not allowed anyone relationship...."

Hi All, I am getting an Error "column contains blank values and this is not allowed many-to-one relationship....".

I have been using the same backend excel files on Powerbi Desktop since long, but never got such error while refreshing the data. I just made some changes in one of the two backend files and tried to "Refresh" the pbix. But it fails with above error. Surprisingly, the error says : There are blank cells in a column "Order". (see attached image). But when I went into the backend files and check the column "Order", it does not have any blank cell. All cells have some value. Also, I checked PowerBi "Manage Relationships". There is no relation available. 

Any suggestions for this problem? ThanksERROR.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @amnadeem1991,

I have tested, if one column contains null value, it is still possible to establish a relationship based on this column. In your scenario, please go to relationship managements, check is there any automatically created relationship between very different queries pulling data from separate sources with similar column names. 

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you go to Power Query Editor to check if the column Order in the Table "Data Spend" contains any blank value? Sometimes, the blank value coulod be hidden on the source file but when loading it into Power BI, you can find this blank value shown as null in Query Editor

Yes I checked. I could not see any unsusual value or blank cell there. Please suggest if you want me to check that by some specific method. (I am not that much expert) 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.