Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error : "Oracle: ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined" , power bi

Hi,

I am getting "Oracle: ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined" error while loading data using the Direct Query option from the Oracle database to Power BI desktop. 

When I am running the same SQL query in Oracle Database, it is working fine. I am having this issue while loading the data to Power BI. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

Aswini C S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolved the error

ORA-00918 error occured while joining two or more tables that have the same column name across different tables.

Added the prefix to each column with the table name that it originally belonged to and then tried loading the data using that SQL command with Direct Query Option and it worked.

Please find the below link for more details on how to resolve this issue.

tekstream.com/resource-center/ora-00918-column-ambiguously-defined/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolved the error

ORA-00918 error occured while joining two or more tables that have the same column name across different tables.

Added the prefix to each column with the table name that it originally belonged to and then tried loading the data using that SQL command with Direct Query Option and it worked.

Please find the below link for more details on how to resolve this issue.

tekstream.com/resource-center/ora-00918-column-ambiguously-defined/

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

It seems that you solved this problem, roght? If so and if you'd like to, you could mark corresponding post as answer or share your solutions. That way, people who in this forum and have similar issue will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.