cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Error "Couldn't load the data for this visual Login failed for user" SQL connection

Hello community,

First off I am new to SQL and Power BI, so sorry in advance I am not too familiar.

I have opened a ,pbix file and I cannot see some of the visuals. So I connected to SQL Server with a given Server and Database provided by another employee. Data Connectivity mode is DirectQuery. I have my company's VPN connection on. It allowed me to load queries but after it was done loading, it gave me an error saying "Couldn't load the data for this visual Login failed for user".. The exception was raised by the IDbConnection Interface.

Annotation 2020-06-08 084934.png

I am not sure if this is enough information to receive help. What to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Error "Couldn't load the data for this visual Login failed for user" SQL connection

@jellomonkey7 well that explains the issue, do you have access to that SharePoint? You should be using the credentials that can get you access to that SharePoint location. Now you know where the problem is and also the solution.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Error "Couldn't load the data for this visual Login failed for user" SQL connection

@jellomonkey7 can you go in power query and check the preview (refresh preview) of each table and see which one is giving this error, seems weird after data is refreshed and you get this error. 

Highlighted

Hi! Thank you for getting back to me on this.

There is only one query with this error: "Expression.Error: Access to the resource is forbidden."

The Source is from our company's SharePoint.

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@jellomonkey7 well that explains the issue, do you have access to that SharePoint? You should be using the credentials that can get you access to that SharePoint location. Now you know where the problem is and also the solution.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I am thinking so too. I will connect with my supervisor about this. Thank you so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors