Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

newpi
Helper V
Helper V

Error on refreshing PBIX file if I edit and make changes to my source in Big Query

My work involves using big query to build queries and then using Power BI to build reports off of those queries. However, I have recently observerd that if I go to my source query in Big Query and make some changes in the data and save it and then try to refresh Pbix file, I get errors like poll job timeout or OLE/ODBC errors.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way around this?

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newpi ,

Do you refresh data in Data View or Report View of Power BI Desktop?

In addition, check that if the connection string is changed in Advanced Editor of Query Editor after refreshing data. Change text file path, re-add the connection string in Advanced Editor and refresh data and check if the error goes away.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-stephen-msft  Just tried that. I refresh data in report view.

Replaced the string in advance editor to what it should have been initially but the error still persists. It shows me unrecognized name error for a column that I had added and now removed. Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.14.10 PM.png

Hi @newpi ,

It seems that the query encountered an unrecognizable name. Please check your query statement for errors in the Advanced Editor. 

The error is at [16:5].

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.