Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wildtxsue
Regular Visitor

Error on FB tutorial-Details: Facebook : (#100)-The 'limit' parameter should not exceed 100

Cross posted from Integrations-

I am trying to complete the FB tutorial (using microsoftbi posts) and repeatedly get the error =

Details: Facebook : (#100)-The 'limit' parameter should not exceed 100

I have installed the most current version of PowerBI desktop.

How can I get past this problem?

Thanks much!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wildtxsue
Regular Visitor

I think I found the root cause: The April update to the PowerBI desktop client. Checked in with a collegue who still had the March version and the connector worked for him. Upgraded his client and he got the same errors.

Will checkout the May release.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
dcanalesg
Regular Visitor

After you select facebook from Get Data, on the ' "Me", user name or Objetct ID ' dialog, insert microsoftbi or whatever page you are trying to connect to. On ' "Connection" ' select --None--. Then go to the Advanced Editor and add the following to the query: /posts?limit=100

let
Source = Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/v2.8/microsoftbi/posts?limit=100")
in
Source

Hello,

Am still getting this error using the below Power BI Desktop version even after trying the workround of selecting --None-- and then appying the limit in Advanced Editor:

Version: 2.46.4732.581 64-bit (May 2017)

Can anyone suggest what am I doing wrong?

Regards

Nirav

Looks like it is case-sensitive. 

Just change 'Posts' to 'posts' in the URL: 

Source = Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/v2.2/microsoftbi/posts?limit=100")

Works for me.

try this one- remove the version part from uri and give limit value less than 100.

wildtxsue
Regular Visitor

I think I found the root cause: The April update to the PowerBI desktop client. Checked in with a collegue who still had the March version and the connector worked for him. Upgraded his client and he got the same errors.

Will checkout the May release.

MarcelBeug
Community Champion
Community Champion

Probably nobody in this forum knows those tutorials. Can you provide a link?

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

I get the same error at step 4 of task 1.

It must be some issue inside the connector that we are not able to see.

As a workaround you can create a blank query and start with the code step from the end result of the tutorial:

= Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/microsoftbi/posts")

My suggestion would be to provide feedback on the tutorial page stating that the information on that page is not helpful and formulate the issue.

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Am afraid that workaround won't look good in a demo. Thanks for the idea...I have provided feedback on the tutorial page. Sure hope someone sees it before my demo!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.