Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PietroFarias
Resolver II
Resolver II

Error of variable DAX with scalar value in Excel 2013

I am adjusting some syntax so it can be read in Excel 2013. There were two errors found in Excel 2013, the first one was referring to 'IN' (already solved in another post Post609960), and another referring to variables. As you can see in the image below.

image.png

I work with many variants, and the errors occurred exactly in the two variances that I used to return a specific value.

VAR TipoServ = "Service"
VAR EmpresaServ = "Company"

Is there an error with these variables in Excel 2013?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PietroFarias,

I tested with Excel 2016 with a simple DAX formula, no error message was prompted.

Measure1:=var var1="Service"
return
var1

1.PNG

It might be a limitation of the Excel version. But you can also test with above simple formula in your Excel to test if it works. If it still doesn't work, you may need to update your excel version. If it works, please share the whole DAX formula you used.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PietroFarias,

I tested with Excel 2016 with a simple DAX formula, no error message was prompted.

Measure1:=var var1="Service"
return
var1

1.PNG

It might be a limitation of the Excel version. But you can also test with above simple formula in your Excel to test if it works. If it still doesn't work, you may need to update your excel version. If it works, please share the whole DAX formula you used.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

forI belive be a limitation of the Excel version. I change the formula for work 2013. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.