Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pmorg73
Post Patron
Post Patron

Error message

Hi

I am getting the following error message

[DataSource.NotFound] Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.

A quick google showed me to try to install AccessDatabaseEngineer_X64 from microsoft. But I can not install this file it fails.

I am trying to link a sharepoint folder to my BI and I want to use xlsx files and csv

It seems this means I can only use csv which is "bobbins"

I did check and I have 64 bit Power Bi and 32 bit Office (Why our IT people would install 32 bit baffles me)

Is there any work around that does not involve uninstalling and reinstalling software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

You need to be on the same bit-level. Power Bi 64 bit and Office 32 bit will cause issues, and that is why the Access engine won't install as the file you linked to is 64 bit. Talk to your IT department and either go full 32 bit or 64 bit, and you really should do the latter unless you have some Office addins that won't work with 64 bit.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

You need to be on the same bit-level. Power Bi 64 bit and Office 32 bit will cause issues, and that is why the Access engine won't install as the file you linked to is 64 bit. Talk to your IT department and either go full 32 bit or 64 bit, and you really should do the latter unless you have some Office addins that won't work with 64 bit.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.