Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error message - Report Rendering Issue - Cannot read property 'clone' of undefined

The report I am getting this error uses Analsis Services Cube with a live connection. For the testing purposes, we've switched the data source to a dev server. Once the new data source is established and the file links up the new measures, i get the following error:

Rendering.PNGError.PNG

Has anyone ever had an issue like this? The data and visuals look fine, but the error is really frustrating. 

8 REPLIES 8
Piquet65
Frequent Visitor

We are having the same issue/error with the latest release of Power BI Desktop for Report Server - Version: 2.88.2361.0 64-bit (January 2021).

The MSI downloaded for this release was created 03-Mar-2021, and exhibits this issue.

Anyone have any details on when a fix will be released for this bug for Power BI Desktop for Report Server?

Thanks.

nsam101
Regular Visitor

I get the same issue. I created a new PowerBI report, pointing to an existing multidimensional SSAS cube, without error. It's only when the PBIX file is closed and then re-opened that the error occurs. If press Cancel button the report can be used without error, and it also works fine when deployed to the PowerBI website and used there. The error only seems to occur when the PBIX file is opened.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak , so you are saying the SSAS versions are different ? The report is pretty old (2 yrs) so I see that can happen. How would we fix this though? If the current (updated) cube is on a higher version of SSAS, what can I do in PowerBI to fix the issue? I used a script to strip the original connection because even though I was refreshing the dataset, some SSAS measures in the PowerBI field list were not populating. I thought stripping the connection from the old cube would've fixed the issue, however, it didn't. Any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous , please check if this workaround (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Unexpected-Error-Cannot-read-property-singleVisual-quot-of/m-p/23174#M7380) helps. What's more, you may create a new PBIX file to live connect to the new data source to test whether data and measures are populated completely and whether the new data source version affects this.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , id Dev and other system are on the same version. To me seem like version issue of SSAS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi amitchandak, no it actually is not the versions of ssas and the service, but a known bug. I spoke to MS PBI support and they have told me the issue should be resolved with the Feb release. So I am just waiting to download the new version of PowerBI. 

Thanks,

Izolda

Hi Izolda. I've found that my particular issue only relates to one of our cubes, and an associated symptom is that only a subset of the available cube measures are displayed. It looks like PowerBI is somewhere holding on to an earlier version of the measure listing. Could the Feb fix address that symptom too? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe so. I had that issue as well. Particular measures would disappear when I tried to refresh the dataset. It is all related to the same bug.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.