Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bvsaicharitha
Helper I
Helper I

Error in visulaization using dateadd measure

Hi, I have created a graph using a measure and data add function. When I closed the dashbaord and opened it again, the visulaization is not displaying.

This is the measure I used.

A_Prev Year = CALCULATE([A_Total sales],DATEADD('calendar'[Date],-1,YEAR))Dataadd.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @bvsaicharitha

You may try to change the cross filter direction to 'single'.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bvsaicharitha

Based on my test, I cannot reproduce the same issue. It seems you may check the relationships between the calendar table and data table. If it is not your case, please share your sample file. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here or send me via private message.

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

Here is the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl43sn5r2ibe2yd/Dashboard.pbix?dl=0

I have tried using other data also, But still facing the issue with the date add measure in the visualization.

Please check and let me know

Hi @bvsaicharitha

You may try to change the cross filter direction to 'single'.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

It worked now. Thank yopu very much

Also, If I want to calculate past 12 months sum from the lastdate of my date month

CALCULATE([A_TSA],DATEADD('Calendar'[Date],-12,MONTH). This is not giving me correct sales.

Suppose i want to sum from sep-18 to sep 17 and sep- 17 to sep 16 so on, But the measure is calculating from sep- 18 to jan-18

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.