Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dwh
Helper II
Helper II

Error in enbed report

Hello everyone,
I have a problem. I have a Power Bi Pro license and I have made a report on a custom application with the embeded customer and non-organization. This report has been visible on the application for about 5 months and now I get this error as if I have to buy a separate license.
"This version is a free trial. To remove this label, you need to purchase a capacity."
How come? Why does this error come up? How can I take it off? I don't need a premium license for the data I have.
Thank you allerrore report.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dwh ,

By creating a capacity, you can take advantage of having a resource for your customers. There are two types of capacities you can choose from:

• Power BI Premium - A tenant-level Microsoft 356 subscription available in two SKU families, EM and P. When embedding Power BI content, this solution is referred to as Power BI embedding. For more information regarding this subscription, see What is Power BI Premium?

• Azure Power BI Embedded - You can purchase a capacity from the Microsoft Azure portal. This subscription uses the A SKUs. For details on how to create a Power BI Embedded capacity, see Create Power BI Embedded capacity in the Azure portal.

With A SKUs, you can't access Power BI content with a FREE Power BI license.

Move your embedded app to production 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, good afternoon, did you manage to solve the problem of the Label "It is a free trial version. To remove is label you must buy a capacity" ?, you can share your solution to me please jmmorenomendez@gmail.com, I currently have a Pro license, but I do not know if I should acquire another license, greetings.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dwh ,

By creating a capacity, you can take advantage of having a resource for your customers. There are two types of capacities you can choose from:

• Power BI Premium - A tenant-level Microsoft 356 subscription available in two SKU families, EM and P. When embedding Power BI content, this solution is referred to as Power BI embedding. For more information regarding this subscription, see What is Power BI Premium?

• Azure Power BI Embedded - You can purchase a capacity from the Microsoft Azure portal. This subscription uses the A SKUs. For details on how to create a Power BI Embedded capacity, see Create Power BI Embedded capacity in the Azure portal.

With A SKUs, you can't access Power BI content with a FREE Power BI license.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dwh ,

Please read the passage carefully. To delete this tab, you need to allocate capacity to the workspace.

vpollymsft_0-1657162395057.png

If you have been working without this tag for a few months, consider whether you are in a Development testing environment. To move to production you'll need a capacity.

If you do nothing, the reports will work fine in the development test environment. If you need to move to the production environment, please refer to the following documentation.

What is Power BI embedded analytics? 

Embed Power BI content using a sample embed for your customers' application 

Capacity and SKUs in Power BI embedded analytics 

Best Regards

@v-rongtiep-msft Hello,
Thanks for the reply. For me that method is production, I don't need the premium for my reports. The test environment is sufficient for the data flow used. How could I remove the warning?
I await updates

Hi @dwh ,

For development testing, you can use embed trial tokens with a Pro license. To embed in a production environment, use a capacity.

The number of embed trial tokens a Power BI service principal or master user (master account) can generate, is limited. Use the Available Features API to check the percentage of your current embedded usage. The usage amount is displayed per service principal or master account.

If you run out of embed tokens while testing, you need to purchase a Power BI Embedded or Premium capacity. There's no limit to the number of embed tokens you can generate with a capacity.

Best Regards

hi @v-rongtiep-msft , Thanks for the reply.
I was thinking: but can I use a Power Bi Premium version for User? I can't read anything in the documentation regarding tokens to embed. Are they also limited with this version?
Thanks for your answer

dwh
Helper II
Helper II

Up please!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, the same thing happens to me, if someone had a solution I would appreciate enough

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.