Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Velocity
Helper III
Helper III

Error in SUMMARIZECOLUMNS

Hi,

I am trying to create a summary table so that many to one relationship can be buit with another table. I want to filter out records for a specific month only. For this, i have written the following command:
MFH_Summary = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
MFH_MailQuantities[MonthYear],MFH_MailQuantities[Franchise],MFH_MailQuantities[Store],"Summ_Mail_Qty",sum(MFH_MailQuantities[MailQty]),
FILTER(MFH_MailQuantities, MFH_MailQuantities[MonthYear] = [Selected_Month])
)

In the above expression, selected_month is measure for fetching slicer selection.
Selected_Month = SELECTEDVALUE(MFH_MailQuantities[MonthYear])

Howvever, i am getting an error - Function SUMMARIZECOLUMNS expects a column name as argument number 6.

I am unable to resolve the error. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Velocity 

Try using Summarize function

filterSummarize(Table, feild 1, field2, Month,"Colum head",required values,"Columhead2",required Value),month="Specific month you want)

Hope this will be the solution for your problem statement and if you find this as solution please mark this as solution and share your Kudoes.

Vijay Perepa

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Velocity 

Just out of curiosity, why do you need a summarized table to establish a 1-M relationship?

you should be able to create a 1-M just by using a Dimension Table, bridging two tables, with the field you need to filter on.

can you show a screenshot of your model with the tables/field you want to create the 1-M relationship?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Paul on Linkedin.

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Velocity 

Try using Summarize function

filterSummarize(Table, feild 1, field2, Month,"Colum head",required values,"Columhead2",required Value),month="Specific month you want)

Hope this will be the solution for your problem statement and if you find this as solution please mark this as solution and share your Kudoes.

Vijay Perepa

MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

@Velocity 

Please share your Kudoes as well ! It Counts a clik on thumps up icon on my Post!

@Velocity 

Request you to share your Kudoes as well. A click on the Thumps UP Icons matters a lot sometimes

Vijay Perepa

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.